The SGNO Journal
The Journal of Gynecologic Oncology Nursing (JOGON), the publication of the Society of Gynecologic Nurse Oncologists (SGNO), is an international nursing publication targeting nurses practicing at all levels who deliver care to women with gynecologic and related cancers. Care settings for practice include hospitals, ambulatory care centers, physician offices, radiation oncology facilities, hospice, home care, and other areas. The goals of the JOGON, consistent with those of the SGNO, are:
- To provide current information regarding gynecologic oncology nursing practice and women's health issue
- To foster education about gynecologic oncology nursing.
- To promote a means of communication, networking, and support among gynecologic oncology nurses.
- To promote the application of current information to all levels of gynecologic oncology practice.
All manuscripts MUST be submitted via electronic media (diskette or email) using IBM compatible software accompanied by one copy typed double-spaced on 8 1/2 x 11inch paper. Each manuscript will be reviewed by a peer editorial board. Comments will be returned to the author (s). Manuscripts must include: the title, author name(s), credentials, titles, address, work affiliations, and telephone number. Although original manuscripts are preferred, previously published materials considered to be relevant and of import to focus issues or nursing practice are welcome and will be considered. Articles may be submitted via email. Articles submitted in this fashion may be submitted in any popular word-processing format.
- All manuscripts should be prepared using APA style (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition, 2009).
- Length of the paper should not exceed 10 double-spaced typed pages excluding figures, tables and references.
- Generic names of products must be used when possible.
- Trademarks or trade names when used must be indicated in the text.
- All references must be alphabetically listed following APA style. If abbreviations are used, an explanation must be given with first use.
- Tables and figures should be consecutively numbered and placement indicated in the text.
- All should be printer ready. Good quality black and white photographs may be used.
- Permissions for use of any reproductions of previously published materials (tables, figures, forms, etc.) is the responsibility of the author(s) and must be submitted with the manuscript.
- Anonymity of patients and specific agencies must be maintained.
- Proper names or identifying information must be avoided for legal and ethical reasons.