The SGNO Today
Our society consists of about 600 registered nurses and associates. We are dedicated to the advancement of patient care, education, and research in gynecologic oncology and womenís health care. We provide members with opportunities to increase their knowledge, skills, and understanding of professional issues. SGNO is determined to make a difference.
- Support the concerns and interests of gynecologic nurse oncologists.
- Promote an awareness of the health-illness cycle for women diagnosed with gynecologic cancers.
- Advance nursing knowledge and clinical skills in gynecologic oncology by providing workshops, educational material and increased research opportunities.
- Support and promote communications and professional development among gynecologic nurse oncologists and gynecologic oncologists.
- Promote communication with other organizations that influence womenís health care.